Following safety reviews of the junction since works were completed in 2016, Kier Highways on behalf of Highways England, will be undertaking work at the junction involving:
- laying additional road markings to the Ringway East approach
- amending road markings at selected locations
- removal of the uncontrolled crossing on Barbel Avenue
- replacing the bollard on A30 island
- realigning the field entrance and resurfacing footpaths along the A30
There will be some night time closures of the junction and this will result in some trafic being diverted through Old Basing.
Work is scheduled to start on Monday 20 March 2017* and is expected to take three weeks to complete.
More details available here M3 J6 Black Dam Letter.