CAB Basingstoke – Cost of Living

CAB Logo

Cost of Living

Get Help with the Cost of Living

If you don’t have enough money to live on, you might be able to get help to afford essentials like bills and food. This includes the Household Support Fund and cost of living payments.

You should check if you can claim benefits – you might be able to do this even if you work, have savings or own a home.

If you owe money and you’re struggling to pay:

    • You should speak to the organisations you owe money to – they might let you pay smaller amounts or take a break from payments,
    • Don’t ignore bills or letters about money you owe,
    • You can find out how to start dealing with your debts.

Check what benefits you can get

You might be able to claim benefits or increase your current benefits if you’re:

    • of working age and on a low income
    • sick or disabled
    • of State Pension age and on a low income
    • a carer
    • responsible for children

Lots of people miss out on benefits they’re entitled to – so it’s worth checking what you can get on:

If you would like some advice on the Cost of Living payment, essential bills and budgeting, or help with your energy bills, please do get in touch with Citizens Advice Basingstoke on 0808 278 7829 or complete the ‘Contact Citizens Advice Basingstoke Today’ form on – you will receive a response within 3 to 5 working days.

Citizens Advice Basingstoke are currently seeking volunteer advisers, if you can spare one or two afternoons per week, please do get in touch on for more information.

Call us on 0300 3309 064
Chat online:
Or search on the National Citizens advice website